Made from a modified version of the McCall’s 5619 pattern. I had such difficulties with this pattern- it was completely backwards for me, and I’ve never had such issues with a garment before. The sleeves were weird, and the elastic band I had for the lower arm was completely tiny and impossible to fit around my arms (which are pathetically skinny, by the way), and I eventually said “forget this” and tossed them to the side.
I even said “screw this” to the darts that were supposed to be on the front and sides of the dress and just used elastic and some cotton bias tape I had leftover from a corset project. The darts were more like box pleats and made me look pregnant, so I completely ignored what I was supposed to do and improvised. Of course, once I finished everything, I discovered that the cotton print on the bottom had frayed along the waistline and I had several gaps, so I treated those with Fray Check and then darned them by hand.
By this point I was completely exhausted and thoroughly sick of this dress. It’s finally finished, and I was so pleased with myself. Everyone who has seen it has complimented me on it, but I think I still need a belt to hide the elastic waist. Thankfully I have a very pretty soft white yarn and a spare buckle that I can make into a knit belt (the buckle’s just hiding somewhere on my crafting table), and I’ll be working on that throughout the week and will hopefully have it finished soon.